3.07.2008

The extreme snowmobiler--aka my husband.

The past couple of days Austin and I have been in Heber for a snowmobile getaway Platinum put on for the top recruiting managers and their wives. Yesterday we had a yummy dinner (amazing dessert!!!) and then went bowling. I bowled the worst game of my life--but it was a blast anyway.We stayed in this cool lodge surrounded by piles of snow that were a good 10 feet tall...all Austin could think about all night was skiing down them. This afternoon the men went snowmobiling and the wives went shopping and to lunch. It was fun to get to know a few of the wives. They are all so sweet! =) Anyway, Austin had the gnarliest wreck on his snowmobile. He over-jumped the road and hit into another snowmobile! (and that was only one of his many wrecks today). The funny thing is at lunch all of the wives were discussing which husband would have the worst wreck and I KNEW without a doubt it would be my wild and crazy husband. Despite Austin's aching body and blurred vision it was a fun little trip. Austin's job is so GREAT, we love all these little work adventures! =)



3 comments:

Chelsie said...

I LOVE heber! I would move there in a heartbeat. Did you guys stay at Daniels Summit? It kind of looks like the lodge there...we have stayed there a couple times, it's gorgeous. I'm glad Austin is alright...that sounds like a pretty bad wreck! I'm glad you guys got to get out into the snow and have a little getaway

Megan said...

Austin is CrAzY! Especially for still wanting to play in this white stuff. I want it all gone....now! At least you got to go shopping - that is always fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Layla!
I called the lady and she told me that she will have a much better selection next week and so I am going to call her on the way down today and figure out a time when I can come back! What is your number and I will text you hers? If you want, email it to tarathueson@gmail.com that way all the creepies can't see it! :)

Anyway, I really need to get a small digital camera to take with me places. I have a big dSLR and that just sucks to take places when I am not in the "photography mode!" Do you like your small digital? I know you said you are into photography. I am OBSESSED!! :)

Tara