8.21.2008

Lessons:

**"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself," the alchemist replies. "And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." --Gail Hudson**

Read The Alchemist. It is a beautiful book.

My sister was in an accident a few days ago and broke her jaw in several places. Her teeth were separated from her jaw, she has a big gash on her chin and her face is swollen and bruised. She will probably need some sort of plastic surgery. She's been in surgery the past couple of days and they had to wire her mouth closed so she won't be able to talk and will be on a liquid diet for 4-6 weeks.  She is a beautiful, beautiful person and I feel so bad for her. She was supposed to come visit me and we were going to play in NYC together! I feel terrible that I won't be able to see her for a couple of weeks- I want to be with her now!  She is supposed to start teaching in a few weeks and I really hope that somehow she will still be able to.  Even though this is a horrible thing to happen I really am so thankful that she wasn't injured more seriously. Her accident has reminded me that life is fragile and in one minute it can change.  I need to be better at saying "I love you" and showing all of the many wonderful and important people in my life how much they mean to me. 

I love you Shavon! You are in our prayers.

Shavon with one of her best friends after her most recent body building competition.  I love this picture because she looks so happy! 



**Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us. --Rainer Maria Rilke**

4 comments:

Cherice said...

Oh no, I am so sorry Layla. I bet you are just dying that you can t be there with her. I am so sorry. She will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

That must be so tough. Your poor sweet sister! I am glad she is safe and wasn't more seriously harmed though- nothing a little bit of plastic surgery can't fix! I too will keep her in my prayers.

The Rindi's said...

I'm so sorry about your sister. My sister broke her jaw and had to do the liquid diet. We just kept her fully stocked on Jamba Juices!! So we are extending but we are doing it in SLC so I get to go home!! I'm way excited that I get to go back to my house!! Where are you guys extending? We can do the party whenever we just have to move our stuff in so probably whenever we are all moved in sorry I can't be more specific. My sister will probably want to host with me. We will totally plan on hosting one though!! I'm excited!! I am in for getting together my number is 560-2587!!

Chelsie said...

i'm so sorry about your sister. i hope that everything works out ok! keep us posted