
We spent last weekend in Moab with Austin's work. It was a wonderful change of scenery and the weather alone was worth the drive. On Thursday Austin and I ate at my favorite place in Moab: The Peace Tree Juice Cafe. The name alone should tell you why. I'll give you a hint-it's a hippie place. The vegetarian wraps are amazing and the smoothies are more than delicious (is there such a thing)! If you ever go, definitely get the watermelon pineapple smoothie...I'm craving one now! Austin and I then jogged/ran the trail to the delicate arch. I had seen it from the viewpoints in the past but surprisingly this was the first time I had actually hiked to see it. And to be quite honest...with all the running...I didnt see much scenery but we did take a breather for a few minutes to snap some photos at the arch. It was beautiful! I am definitely learning to appreciate the "beauty of the earth" more as I get older (and probably wiser). That night we had a good cowboy type dinner at the Canyonland inn at Night. We then went and shot guns...Austin is so proud of his new Glock...and our friend Brandon had a sweet AR15 that was so fun to shoot. After shooting we gathered round an enormous bonfire...until the cops came and told us we were disturbing the peace (we were in the middle of the wilderness for crying out loud who's peace were we disturbing?). Anyway it was definitely the biggest bonfire I have ever seen and probably the biggest I will ever see. The next day was a. for Austin the highlight of the trip and b. for me one of the scariest things I have ever done. We went jeeping/4 wheeling/mudding (what do people call it these days?). The trail we did was called "Hell's Revenge"...doesn't the title alone scare you? The first 1/8th of a mile was very narrow, steep, and elevated and I almost turned back. But I "conquered my fear" as Austin said and finished the trail. It was definitely very fun at times and I even stood up to take pictures but well, other times I had my eyes closed and sometimes I even put my head between my legs. Pathetic? Wait until you try it! Austin was an awesome driver though and did a lot of the techincal stuff without lockers that other jeeps/drivers couldn't do. I think part of the reason for my fear is that even though Austin is an excellent driver he uses that has an excuse to be crazy. At one part he actually dented his bumper and scared the crowd watching so bad they all fled. After the snowmobile incident I felt relieved that we came out of this with only one dented bumper...I thought for sure we'd have to buy the jeep when all was said and done. That night we ate at a place I have been wanting to go since I first visited Moab---the Sunset Grill. It is on a bench overlooking the whole valley. The view was phenomenal and the food was superb. Try it next time you go to Moab. That night we had a speaker come talk to us about relationships. In the industry my husband works in relationships are essential to the success of everyone...including marital success believe it or not...;) The speaker was Matt Townsend.He is a relationship coach/trainer.His presentation was very informative and powerful---for any relationship! We got the cd entitled "Feeding the Starved Marriage: 5 steps to a fat and happy marriage" and I am definitely buying his book "Feeding the Starved Relationship". Go buy it! It will enlighten you and your spouse. On Saturday we had separate meetings and the wives were fortunate enough to have Matt as a speaker again. He talked about the 3 levels of love--I'll have to blog more about it later because it was good stuff (although I do think the men would have highly benefitted from this talk even more!) Austin and I are now back in town (I can't believe it snowed here) and are watching the 3 kids and 1 dog of a couple in our ward for the week. Last night the baby woke up 4 times...I think it set Austin and I having kids back another 2 years. I'm enjoying it but I can't say the same for Austin. ;) Sorry about all of the pictures..I have the hardest time just picking a few!




























2 comments:
That was a fun weekend! You guys got some good pictures!
Hey Layla! This is the first time I have been able to actually VIEW your blog, everytime it would come up it would just be BLANK... so weird! Yes, you got some very good pictures of the trip.
Post a Comment