2.15.2008

I heart Love!


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! I heard "Happy single awareness day" and "Happy bleeding heart day", so many times from people that it really made me thankful that I am able to celebrate this day instead of dread it. I am so thankful for, not only my eternal sweetheart by my side that I love more than anything, but also the wonderful family and friends in our lives that we love so dearly. Valentine's day is not only a day of romance but a day of love and friendship. I decided that next Valentine's day I am going to make home-made valentines cards and send them out to everyone we know and love! (so I better start now!) =) I am glad we have this one day a year to openly share our love for others but I have recently been reminded that everyday should be such a day. My mom got diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks ago and it made me realize that life is so short and everyday should be a new day to tell and show our family and friends that we love them! Every day is an opportunity to genuinely love those around us- to care for others, help others, serve others, befriend others, and use our talents to make the lives of others a little bit better.

Austin made my Valentine's day beautiful. I came home from Logan early in the morning (I have been up there helping my parents out) and there were a dozen pink roses and a dozen tulips on the table.



He requested that we didn't go out to eat (since we do that all the time) but that I make him something yummy. So after an hour and a half of cooking we had cajun salmon, roasted vegetables, and fire roasted garlic and cheese mashed potatoes. It was mighty tastey if I do say so myself!



Before bed Austin got his guitar and played and sang me the new Jack Johnson song "Angel" (listen to it on my playlist). The lyrics are so beautiful that I'm going to share them:

"Angel"

I've got an angel
She doesn't wear any wings
She wears a heart that can melt my own
She wears a smile that can make me wanna sing
She gives me presents
With her presence alone
She gives me everything I could wish for
She gives me kisses on the lips just for coming home

She could make angels
I've seen it with my own eyes
You gotta be careful when you've got good love
Cause the angels will just keep on multiplying

But you're so busy changing the world
Just one smile can change all of mine
We share the same soul
Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh
We Share the same soul
Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh
We Share the same soul
Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh
Oh oh oh oh oh ohhh
Umm umm umm uhhhhhhmm

Aren't the lyrics so sweet!? He said he heard this song and immediately thought of me. He said that today I gave him "presents with my presence alone." He made me cry. Then he did something totally out of the ordinary and gave me a card he had written in (I think this is a first). It was all so sweet and it really made my day wonderful. He really is the best husband in the world.

I hope that all of you had a fabulous Valentine's day and were able to share this day with the people that you love. My goal is to cherish each and everyday as an opportunity to show my love and appreciation for all of the amazing people in my life! There are so many of you out there--thank you and I love you! xoxo

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

Your uggs are very cute! It sounds like you had a fabulous valentines day. You're so sweet to be already thinking of everyone next year! I didn't know about your mom, I'm so sorry. We'll keep her in our prayers. Your dinner looks very good, I am so impressed! Oh and I love that song!

Unknown said...

You look so cute with you flowers! They totally match your sweatshirt! Great job on dinner! It looks delish.

Megan said...

What a fun Valentines day! I vote we get together and you make that dinner for us! Kidding, but it does look delicious - salmon is my favorite! I am sorry to hear about your mom as well - I hope everything is okay. On a sife note - you should be some famous persons personal style assistant. Or teach classes on fashion - You always look so stylin!