9.16.2008

"Halfway to 50"!


It was my 25th birthday this last weekend--Austin made it a point to remind me a couple of times that 25 is the "half way point to 50". Wow. The scarier thing to me is that in 15 years I will be 40. ugh. That seems like just a hop and a skip away!

Other than the fact that I was incredibly sick on my birthday it was a wonderful day. My husband was so sweet and took good care of me all day so that I could enjoy the day as much as possible with a fever, sore throat, body aches, and a stuffy nose.

After church we made the trip to logan to visit my family! I hadn't seen them in months! It was so wonderful! My sister is looking better from her accident but I felt bad because while we were chowing down on our fabulous home cooked dinner she just sat in the kitchen and watched. She's losing lots of weight but I guess a diet of liquids will do that to you! 
My parents are so great and are always very generous with gifts and money for my birthday, they really are just the best parents ever. But I think Austin's favorite gift from them is my dad's special present to me. He is taking me and Austin skydiving! My sister and dad got their skydiving certifications this summer and my sisters boyfriend is an instructor and one of the best skydivers in the country so my dad thought it would be fun for all of us to go since Austin and I missed out on all their fun skydiving excursions this summer. I am afraid of heights so I may not actually jump out of the plane when we go but I am going to give it a shot! I think once I am up in the plane no one is going to let me back out so I may be jumping out by force but I am sure I will enjoy it after the initial shock. Pictures to come!

When it comes to gift giving, Austin always surprises me.  He doesn't EVER get me what I ask for and more often than not if I ask for it he won't get it simply because it won't be a surprise if he does so I have stopped asking for things and just let him get me what he wants. This year he got me a spa day at Breathe spa! He calls me his "princess" so he got me a "royal spa treatment". Full body massage, facial, waxing, foot treatment...even tea and cookies/fruit! Wow! This was an awesome gift because it is definitely not something I would EVER buy for myself! What a sweetheart!
It was an amazing day and I do have the best families in the world!






The cute Overman girls decorated the house for my birthday. I love home made cards!



Candlelit dinner out by the waterfall in the backyard:

Blowing out my "candles". It sure took a lot of breath to blow all those fingers out...

Birthday dinner with my amazing hubby:


I love him muches & muches!
It was a fabulous birthday! Thank you everyone for making it so special and fun! =) I love you all! 

9 comments:

Joni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I am sorry that you were so sick, that really is no fun but it sure looks like you had a lot of people who took good care of you! Good luck skydiving, you can do it!!!!

Tara Thueson said...

Oh how fun! It looks like you had a great birthday! I am sorry that you were sick. I hope you are feeling better now. Yucky!! Anyway, your pictures look cute! I can't wait to be skinny again :) Pregnancy sure does wonders on your body!! :( Are you guys going to be at the year end party this weekend? If so, I will see you there!!

Emily & Nicholaus said...

Happy Birthday!! Skydiving is going to be a blast! I am so jealous, its always been one of my goals. Just save your spa trip for after so you have something to calm you down. I give you props for even considering doing it though. I'm not afraid of heights and its still intimidating! Get better soon!! :)

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a good day despite being sick. I have always wanted to try sky diving, but I too worry someone might actually have to push me out of the plane once I got up there ;)

Mel said...

Hey! Thanks for the message! I am just LOVING it out here!! I will be sure to give it a giant hug for you!! ;) I can't wait to see you on saturday! It will be so fun! Hang in there and take care of yourself so you aren't sick anymore! Oh and don't worry about getting older! You look amazing so who cares! Age is just a NUMBER! ;)

Juls said...

Happy Birthday to you too! I was thinking of you all week and the weekend hit and I forgot. But now I don't feel too bad. ;) jk. Sorry you were sick but it sounds like Austin took care of you. And Im excited your home! We definitely need to get together soon. Maybe next weekend?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Yeah we're both halfway to 50!!

Cherice said...

Happy Birthday Girly!!!!!!

Cherice said...

Hey cute girl. I am not in town for the party :-( and I am SOOO bummed. My hubby is there but I am here in TX all by myself :-(. Have fun though!! I will be back in three weeks. And they seriously couldn't come any quicker