I just watched:

I really enjoyed it. (and I definitely want to read the book).
I may have even teared up a couple of times.
It made me want to cook.
Not just "betty crocker" cooking but fancy, made from scratch, delicious (and fattening) meals.
I love to cook. I mean really love it. I usually cook without recipes, because then I feel like a real chef, making yummy and nutritious meals using only my own creativity--and adding only ingredients I like!
Sometimes my meals turn out glorious and other times they are disasters-- and I have meltdowns just like Julie did. Ha! Just ask my husband.
However, I really like the idea of going through a cookbook from start to finish and cooking every recipe.
I think I will do that.
But I'd probably choose an italian cookbook and gain 10+ pounds from eating pasta and bread everyday.
It sounds like fun though.
Ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you how much I enjoy being a hostess.
I love having people over for parties, gatherings, dinners, game night, movie night, mario night--you name it and I will host it with pleasure.
I love how food brings people together. (have good food-and lots of it-at your parties and people will keep coming back for more. he he).
More than cooking, I love to bake.
I love the smell of my house when I bake.
I love the anticipation on my hubby's face when I bake.
I love knowing that when I bake I will have goodies to take to my neighbors/friends/family. (I don't do this purely out of the goodness of my heart--it keeps it out of my house!)
I love taking the first gooey bite of a freshly baked dessert.
Maybe I am obsessing because I haven't baked in almost 2 months.
No sugar=no baking goodies. boo.
I can't wait until I start eating sugar again, then I will bake up a storm and love every minute of it.
I think I'll take a cooking class too. I have a couple of cousins on the Overman side (you know who you are) that I would sure love to get some pointers from!
That's it.
Thanks for reading.
7 comments:
ha, we do like ourselves some sweets in the overman family. :-) i liked this movie too and it definitely made me want to cook through a whole book as well, if anything to force me to get out of the same standard recipes we have each night. i wish i loved to cook as much as i love to bake and am uber impressed you've made it 2 months without sugar!! sheesh! I can't even go one day!
Layla, you are so cute. Sending hugs.
I love to cook and bake. I took a culinary class up at Utah State and it was my fave - probably my roommates favorite class as well cause they reaped the rewards. It was so fun to learn how to cook fancy stuff I wish my husband would eat. lol. I am glad you can eat sugar and bake soon - I can't believe you have gone so long without. You are my hero!
Layla I am soo sad you won't be on the cruise!!! Seriously such a bummer:(
Aaah!! I HATED that movie!! Braun and I were literally mad that we had wasted a good 2 hours on that show!
oh boo Tara, it was just because you saw it with your hubby. Austin wouldn't have appreciated it either--it is totally a chick flick. If you would have seen it with me you would have liked it--only because we probably would have made fun of it the whole time or found some guy in the movie you think is hott (that ends up looking like your brother...) he he he he.
hahahahahah!!! Sooooo true. That is hilarious. Please don't bring it up again.
Thanks.
Post a Comment